RE: C-m mapping fails occasionally

From: Matt Knowles
Subject: RE: C-m mapping fails occasionally
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 12:58:04 -0500

emacs-version:
GNU Emacs 18.57.1 of Mon Apr 22 1991 on server (hpux)

emacs invoked by:
emacs -nw

in *scratch* buffer:
test<Return>
<Return> /* 40 or 41 times */

at this point, my mapping fails.

(key-binding "\C-m")
mat-newline

(mapcar (lambda (map) (cons map (lookup-key map "\C-m")))
        (current-active-maps))
(mini-buffer output):
Symbol's function definition is void: lambda

M-xdescribe-key<Return><Return>
Invalid function: #<EMACS BUG: INVALID DATATYPE (#o37777777743) Save your
buffers immediately and please report this bug>

relevant lines from .emacs file:
(fset 'mat-newline
"address@hidden")
(global-unset-key "\C-m")
(global-set-key "\C-m" 'mat-newline)

The problem exists when these are the only contents of my .emacs file.

If there is any more information I can provide, please ask.

Matt