Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 18:45:03 -0600 (MDT)

There is also the case of a separate minibuffer frame.
That frame will not automatically get taller.

    Good point.  I thought before about the case where the menu was larger
    than the largest minibuffer size -- but though such menus would be rare,
    so support could be added later.  I guess not so rare after all...

    Since all the interaction happens in the lisp function now, it'd
    obviously be fairly simple to support menu paging (like the old C code
    used to do).  What do I have to check?  I can think of:

Instead of trying to anticipate all the reasons why the whole message
will not fit, I suggest you try displaying the whole message, then
check what part was actually displayed.  If it did not include the
whole message, you could try again starting with whatever did not make
it.

Maybe you could use `window-end' to figure out what part got
displayed.