Re: No possibility of determining image position/object from click

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: No possibility of determining image position/object from click
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 19:58:34 +0300

> From: address@hidden
> Date: 15 Jun 2002 16:34:25 +0200
>

> Emacs does not update the
> screen while it is busy, which can easily last for a few seconds.  If
> I click onto the screen during that time, buffer positions and
> keymaps will be calculated corresponding to what the screen will look
> like after the next screen update finally gets done.

How is this different from the situation where a user types C-w in
the middle of a lengthy calculation which will eventually change the
text inside the region (and thus the result of C-w).

In other words, typing ahead when Emacs is busy always runs a risk of
doing the wrong thing.  Am I missing something?