Re: No possibility of determining image position/object from click

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: No possibility of determining image position/object from click
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:29:00 -0600 (MDT)

    This is not the problem, since this would just introduce a small
    time window for thwarting the user.  But Emacs does not update the
    screen while it is busy, which can easily last for a few seconds.  If
    I click onto the screen during that time, buffer positions and
    keymaps will be calculated corresponding to what the screen will look
    like after the next screen update finally gets done.

Now I understand what the issue is.  I agree this is a real issue.

If we solve your other problem, of reporting which object (and which
part of it) the click occurred on, in the input event, that could
enable you to avoid this problem--right?

So I think the next item of business is to draw up a precise proposal for
what added information to include in the event, and in what format.