Re: Integrate Tramp

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Integrate Tramp
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:53:03 -0400 (EDT)

There are two multi-hop methods:

   * `multi' -- base64 encoding with `mimencode'

   * `multiu' -- use commands `uuencode' and `uudecode'

I am confused:  how do I make a multi-hop that requires both?
In particular, I would like to make a two hop connection in which the
first hop uses `mimencode' and the second hop uses `uuencode' and
`uudecode'

When I travel, I cannot connect directly to my ISP's machine from a
random IP address.  That is where I keep copies of files that will be
needed during the trip, just in case.

However, I can connect to fencepost.gnu.org which works with `smx' and
then connect to my ISP's machine which eventually should work with
`su':

    /address@hidden|address@hidden:/home/bob/

Are you suggesting that I cannot use the methods I use for single hop
connections but should use these different methods?  Like this:

    /address@hidden|address@hidden:/home/bob/

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  address@hidden
    Rattlesnake Enterprises             http://www.rattlesnake.com