Re: Integrate Tramp

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Integrate Tramp
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 11:41:52 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Michael Kifer) writes:
>> But ssh can also connect at a different (numeric) port (and it is often
>> useful). Where are you going to put this port?
>
>    /address@hidden

It's probably only a matter of taste, but I prefer

    /address@hidden:file

A name like /a#b:c is still ambiguous, it could mean method a, host
b (and the default port), or it could mean host a, port b (and the
default method).  I suggest to use the former interpretation.

The reason I like to have the method first is that I think of the
equivalent shell command, say "ssh address@hidden", and then translate
it to a filename, say "/address@hidden:/tmp".

kai