Re: address@hidden: modeline doesn't divulge buffer will go bye bye]

From: Jon Cast
Subject: Re: address@hidden: modeline doesn't divulge buffer will go bye bye]
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:49:07 -0500

Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:
> Jon Cast <address@hidden> writes:
> > Why not make switch-to-buffer prompt ``do you want to keep this
> > buffer around'' when invoked interactively?

> Because it would mind-bogglingly annoying...

I really doubt having to type C-x b name n rather than C-x b name
would be ``mind-bogglingly annoying''.  However, if it turns out to
really be annoying, we can always add a defcustom to turn it off.

However, new users should have the prompt on---it'll teach them the
difference between files and buffers.

> -Miles

Jon Cast