Re: Profiling font-lock in xemacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Profiling font-lock in xemacs
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 02:41:06 -0600 (MDT)

It would be better not to have a delay of even .25 second in handling
C-g.  It ought to respond crisply.

If the delay were made smaller, eventually it would be insignificant.
I don't know at what point that is reached.

Currently on some systems C-g handling can involve a delay of up to 1
second, the wait for "polling for input".  That's because when it was
implemented there was no better facility to use than `alarm'.
Nowadays I gather there is one; we should change the polling interval
to something shorter than a second.