Re: dabbrev in minibuffer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: dabbrev in minibuffer
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 05:13:12 -0600 (MDT)

    5b. press return and now try to enter as replacement string again
       "s" followed by "M-/"
    => emacs loops on HP-UX 10.20 and Solaris 5.8 but not on GNU/Linux

Since it does not fail on GNU/Linux, I can't debug it.
Can you run Emacs under GDB and see where the loop starts and ends?
Follow the advice in etc/DEBUG as regards "when Emacs is looping".
With that info, we can perhaps fix the bug that makes it impossible
to quit from a certain primitive, as well as the bug that makes
dabbrev loop.