Re: Interval tree

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Interval tree
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:13:38 -0600 (MDT)

    it sounds like text properties are things like fonts?

We store many kinds of things on text properties, including font
specifications.

    I jumped into places such as lisp.h, buffer.h, textprop.c, hoping to find a
    definition for this thing, but all I got is a Lisp_Object plist (even for
    functions that adds to the property list or removes from it), where is this
    mysterious text property structure described?

The interval data structure is not precisely defined anywhere, but don't
worry about it--you don't need to do anything at that low a level.
You can do all this work at one level up, where the text property list
is just a standard plist (property value property value...).