Re: can you login?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: can you login?
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:51:45 -0600 (MDT)

    I wrote several times to address@hidden, and also received some
    replies, but I still can't login on fencepost, not can I access the
    Emacs cvs.

I would like to try to diagnose this problem, but I need more info.
(What you have said here is akin to "Emacs doesn't work" as a bug
report.)

*Why* did those replies not enable you to log in?
Are you waiting for the sysadmins to do something?
Are they waiting for information from you?
You need to explain the immediate problem if you want help.

Are you continuing to talk with them about the problem?
(People on emacs-devel cannot help you.)

    I also sent an ssh public key to address@hidden, but apparently it was
    never installed (maybe because they could not check that me is me?).

If they did not reply to your last message, you should write to them
again and ask what's up.  Whatever the problem is, they should be able
to tell you the problem, and tell you what you need to do.