Re: same-window-buffer-names and -regexps

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: same-window-buffer-names and -regexps
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 18:12:29 -0600 (MDT)

    Perhaps the 2nd argument to display-buffer (`NOT-THIS-WINDOW'), should
    cause it to ignore those variables; it seems like a natural extension to
    me, and it would mean that callers don't have to know about all the
    various special variables in order to get this behavior.

That seems clean to me, since it will make most of these commands
work right with no further ado.

If after that a few commands still have problems, we can fix those
few next.