Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes
Date: 21 Aug 2002 13:52:03 +0900

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> > Now, if you enable display-time and display-battery,
> > which adds time and battery status, e.g. 15:57 [95%],
> > to that part of the mode line as well, it's a total mess.
>
> I'd like to display such global information not in the mode
> line but, for instance, at the right end of menu bar, or
> tool bar if they exist.

Hmm, that seems like a great idea (for global info like that).

I think the menu-bar would be better, since I don't use a tool-bar...:-/

I don't think it would be too hard to hack something like that into the
lucid toolkit that comes with emacs, but I have no idea about other
toolkits.

-Miles
--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that