Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 14:23:18 -0400

> I mean "... at the right end of menu bar ... overriding the
> other data".  So, if that is implemented, we don't loose
> that information.  It may be better that the hidden part
> appears (by hiding display-time-string) when one moves mouse
> to the area in the menu bar where normal menus are
> displayed.

I kind of like the idea of putting global info somewhere else than the
modeline, but I can't resist pointing out that Motif's menubar has the
`Help' menu stuck all the way to the right hand side (and I actually
like it and find that the Lucid toolkit should be improved to do the
same).  Hiding it while the mouse is away might not be such a good idea.

        Stefan