Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes
Date: 26 Aug 2002 16:12:41 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> How about making the mode line taller when the info it should display
> exceeds some threshold?  (Yes, on a tty that would mean the mode line
> will use two screen lines.)

Given that the overflow is usually much less that a line's worth of
data, that would be a pretty big cost, unless the threshold were so
large that it would rarely be crossed (and imagine if the mode-lines for
all of your windows were two line; I think most people would prefer
truncate...)

-Miles
--
I have seen the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo