Problems using CUA mode with emacs on Mac OS X

From: Sander Cox
Subject: Problems using CUA mode with emacs on Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 14:28:45 +0200

Hi,

I used to run emacs on my Windows PC, but I recently acquired a Mac. I checked out the source of Emacs to build it on my Mac and this all goes ok. However when I try to load the CUA-mode my key mapping is false. On my PC running CUA I can still do a C-x C-f to open a file but on my Mac this fails. I get a "call-interactively: End of buffer" in the messages buffer. Furthermore, the intended action of C-x when I have text selected doesn't work either. The C-c and C-v for copying and pasting text both work fine.

I'm running Mac OS X (10.2), Emacs latest from CVS, CUA.el is version 2.10 (also the latest as far as I know)

My .emacs file only contains this:
(setq load-path (append (list (concat "~/lisp")) load-path))
(require 'cua)
(CUA-mode t)

Any ideas?
When I simply remove these lines (especially the last two) I'm able to open a buffer using C-x C-f

Regards,
Sander Cox