Re: Customizing key bindings (was: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..)

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Customizing key bindings (was: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..)
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 14:28:28 +0200

Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:

> I think this does the right thing, now -- it modifies the keymap
> directly.  It can restore bindings because it keeps a list of settings
> it shadows.  Currently the documentation shown in the customize buffer
> is from the global map, this still needs fixing.  See the FIXME
> tags...  :)

Well, this is the 90% solution, where removing a custom bindings will
work in the common case that it hasn't been changed through Lisp since
it was added.

>        :type '(repeat (group key-sequence command))

I think you should use the key-binding widget, as we might want to
allow key-sequence and command to talk to each other later.
E.g. implement the feature RMS suggested, that entering a key-sequence
should initialize the command field, if not already set.