Re: use diff-list in Emacs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: use diff-list in Emacs
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 18:46:38 -0400

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 05:52:10PM +0200, Kai Gro?johann wrote:
> What I was trying to get at: Diff-lists are a nontrivial feature in
> itself, and keymaps add more complexity.  So it might help to discuss
> the simple case.

Actually I think keymaps _are_ the simple case, in that they're unordered and
have no duplicate entries.  ... :-)

Using diff-lists for lists, on the other hand, does have the issue of
ordering (you have to know where to add new entries, and sometimes it won't
be at the beginning or end; if you record an existing entry to add after,
what if it isn't found?).

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.