Re: po.el: line up po-compat.el (gettext)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: po.el: line up po-compat.el (gettext)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:12:43 -0400

> Please apply the following cosmetical patch to line it up with the
> po-compat.el file coming with GNU gettext:
[...]
>       ("KOI8-R" . koi8-r)
>       ;("KOI8-U" . ??)

And change that to say ("KOI8-U" . koi8-u).
Although I still don't understand why the code doesn't use

        (coding-system-p (intern (downcase name)))

so as to remove the need for most of those entries (and so that it
can automatically support new coding systems when they are added to
Emacs, as long as they use the same name).

        Stefan