Re: address@hidden: Customize creating wrong defaults]

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Customize creating wrong defaults]
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 15:47:37 +0200

>     Actually, testing it I found that customize got a good default value
>     in more cases than I had expected, and a rather simple fix seems to
>     get the rest of the cases right too.  So let's fix the code instead of
>     the documentation.
>
> Good news.  Will you go ahead and install that?

I have committed it to CVS.   I committed the other patch as well, it
is a lot less dangerous.

2002-10-02  Per Abrahamsen  <address@hidden>

        * wid-edit.el (widget-types-copy): New function.
        (default): Added :copy keyword.
        (menu-choice): Ditto.
        (checklist): Ditto.
        (radio-button-choice): Ditto.
        (editable-list): Ditto.
        (group): Ditto.
        (widget-copy): New function.
        (widget-create-child): Use it.
        (widget-create-child-value): Use it.

It solved the problem reported by Jens where the various choice item
in a

   "(repeat (choice ...))"

affected each other.

> Is the :value option still useful, or should we dedocument it?

Yes, the programmer may know a better initial value than what
customize can come up with.