[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: address@hidden: [21.2.90]: Lesstif menu placement after frame resize
Re: address@hidden: [21.2.90]: Lesstif menu placement after frame resize]
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 01:37:26 +0200 (CEST)
> I've checked in this fix in CVS. Should it go in RC also?
> How safe do you think it is? Might it cause trouble on some system?
Pretty safe. But there is a much simpler solution that is 100% safe,
and removes the need for any workaround. Patch below (in CVS).
See also my reply to Harald Maier in this thread.
*** src/ChangeLog.~1.2893.~ 2002-10-06 01:22:42.000000000 +0200
--- src/ChangeLog 2002-10-06 01:30:19.000000000 +0200
*** 1,3 ****
--- 1,10 ----
+ 2002-10-06 Jan D. <address@hidden>
+ * xterm.c (XTread_socket): Fix from 2002-10-03 didn't cover all
+ cases. The correct fix is to pass ReparentNotify to Xt.
+ The shell widget interprets ConfigureNotify differently depending
+ on if it has been reparented or not.
2002-10-05 Markus Rost <address@hidden>
* editfns.c (Fformat_time_string): Doc fix.
*** src/xterm.c.~1.754.~ 2002-10-03 19:44:17.000000000 +0200
--- src/xterm.c 2002-10-06 01:31:18.000000000 +0200
*** 10443,10448 ****
--- 10443,10449 ----
x_real_positions (f, &x, &y);
f->output_data.x->left_pos = x;
f->output_data.x->top_pos = y;
+ goto OTHER;
*** 11173,11204 ****
f->output_data.x->win_gravity = NorthWestGravity;
x_wm_set_size_hint (f, (long) 0, 0);
- #ifdef USE_MOTIF
- /* Some window managers pass (0,0) as the location of
- the window, and the Motif event handler stores it
- in the emacs widget, which messes up Motif menus. */
- if (event.xconfigure.x == 0 && event.xconfigure.y == 0)
- Window child;
- int count;
- /* We can get a ConfigureNotify because of a resize,
- so we can't just take x and y from the widget.
- Since this event may come on something else than
- the top level window, we can't use x_real_position
- either. So we get the root window x/y for 0/0 in
- the window in the event. */
- count = x_catch_errors (FRAME_X_DISPLAY (f));
- XTranslateCoordinates (FRAME_X_DISPLAY (f),
- 0, 0,
- x_uncatch_errors (FRAME_X_DISPLAY (f), count);
- #endif /* USE_MOTIF */
--- 11174,11179 ----
Re: address@hidden: [21.2.90]: Lesstif menu placement after frame resize], Harald . Maier . BW, 2002/10/05