Re: TODO additions

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: TODO additions
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 23:24:25 -0400

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 01:41:43PM +0100, Dave Love wrote:
> * Provide a means to display a background image in a window [miles
>   started on this?]

I did two implementations, one which worked quite well, but was a bit limited
(frame-relative images at 0 offset only), and another which was intended to
replace the first (frame/display/window/line relative + offset), but which I
never fully debugged (i.e., it worked with display glitches).

I stopped maintaining these because having large local changes really kills
CVS performance over a slow link, and they've probably bit-rotted quite a bit
since, but could probably be re-merged with a bit of effort.

Note that my implementation let you add a background image to any _face_
(including the default face), which can be pretty cool, e.g., you can make
your mode-line or region or whatever use a different image).

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.