Re: mh-e 6.2 imminent

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: mh-e 6.2 imminent
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:48:39 -0700

Kim F. Storm <address@hidden> wrote:

> Release 21.3 is a maintenance release from the 21.1 release branch.
>
> Release 21.4 is to be released from the CVS trunk which is still not
> in feature freeze, so currently it would be ok to update mh-e on the
> trunk.

  Ah, that explains a lot.

> > This is a major minor release
>
> A major minor release :-)

  So you noticed ;-). In addition to all of the new features, we also
  took pains to get mh-e to compile cleanly. It now also passes checkdoc
  cleanly, except for some old boolean variables that don't end in
  -flag. We'd like to fix those up before committing to Emacs and reduce
  the user exposure to the change, and obviously bump the major version
  to reflect that change (7.0).

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> You can update mh-e fully whenever you like.

  Thank you. Will do. Expect a version 7.0 that will be more robust than
  6.2 would have been by the end of November or so.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD
Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!