Re: visible system caret no longer working in ms windows

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: visible system caret no longer working in ms windows
Date: 25 Oct 2002 11:30:48 +0200

John Covici <address@hidden> writes:

> on 24 Oct 2002 23:04:54 +0200 address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) wrote:
>

> > I just committed a fix to again determine the active_cursor state;
> > please check whether that fixes the problem.
> >

> Well, it worked just fine under Windows xp pro, but under 98 it died
> and said it couldn't find encoded-kb.  Here is part of the standard
> output from nmake.

I hardly think that has anything to do with the fix I committed for the
system caret bug  (thanks for checking that it works)!!!

I have recently had problems building emacs on GNU/Linux due to not
finding encoded-kb.  Another round of make clean, configure, make
bootstrap is the only way around that when it happens.

So the real question is: what's happened [recently] with relation to
building emacs and encoded-kb ?