Re: crash in RC branch

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: crash in RC branch
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 09:03:53 +0100

>> >It's called `gcore'.
>>
>> I just tried it and it works on my Debian testing (sarge) system.  I
>> feel better now :-)
>
>On second thought, perhaps you actually need another command:
>"maint dump-me".  That one is available for a very long time.

That makes gdb abort and dump its core.  That's not what one would want
normally.  gcore is what I wanted:

(gdb) help maint dump-me
Get fatal error; make debugger dump its core.
GDB sets it's handling of SIGQUIT back to SIG_DFL and then sends
itself a SIGQUIT signal.

(gdb) help gcore
Save a core file with the current state of the debugged process.
Argument is optional filename.  Default filename is 'core.<process_id>'.