Re: Gtk version getting closer

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Gtk version getting closer
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:46:36 +0000 (UTC)

       The problem here is that it takes great talent both to be an expert
       and to write tips that help a novice.  And to have interest in the
       problem.

   Would you like to work on improving them?  You have the sort of skills
   that it needs.

I am not a good person for working on menu tips since I hardly ever
use menus.  Only the messages on this mailing list inspired me to look
into the menus in GNU Emacs.  The last time I used a menu system in an
editor application was in 1984, before I discovered Emacs.  I left
those menus behind as soon as I discovered the (undocumented)
keybindings.

The task deserves someone who has more experience with mice and menus
than I, and who is acquainted with contemporary novice users and
understands their mental model of an application.

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden