Re: Gtk version getting closer

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Gtk version getting closer
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:35:40 -0800

>> From: David Masterson <address@hidden>
>> Date: 15 Nov 2002 10:46:43 -0800

>> > Can't you prevent this by customizing tooltip-x-offset and
>> > tooltip-y-offset, or maybe tooltip-delay?
>>
>> I guess it's a preference thing.  Some people are used to tooltips
>> popping up all the time and, so, it doesn't distract them if
>> they're not interested in the tooltip.  Others prefer the tooltip
>> to be available when asked for (as in "What's this?") and would be
>> annoyed if the tooltip popped up while (say) they were thinking
>> about choosing between menuA and menuB.

> I was asking whether _you_ in _your_ particular environment can
> prevent the annoyance using the customizable options.

> If the answer is YES, then users at least have a way of getting the
> tooltips out of their way when they use menus.

Oh.  I haven't tried it yet, but I think I could adapt to things even
without the customizable options (it's just a matter of not letting
the tooltip popup distract you when it's not neede).  However, while I
could adapt to it, it doesn't agree with my current preference which
would tend toward the "What's this?" approach.  As has been true in
the past, though, I'm sure that, if you give me a little time to
adapt, I'll forget all about the old way of doing things.  ;-)

--
David Masterson                David DOT Masterson AT synopsys DOT com
Sr. R&D Engineer               Synopsys, Inc.