Re: Status of shell-pcomplete integration?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Status of shell-pcomplete integration?
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 09:14:41 -0700

> Good.  So let's change pcomplete-cycle-completions to nil at the
> same time, to see whether people complain.

I thought it was suggested that rather than disabling completion
cycling altogether, we should prompt in the minibuffer while cycling
is being done, notifying of how many alternatives are left to
display...?

John

> John, how about setting pcomplete-cycle-completions to nil
> globally?  That would make it more consistent.

But cycling is a GOOD thing, and if you turn it off globally, 90% of
Emacs users won't know that it's there to turn on.

John