[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: TODO additions
Re: TODO additions
03 Dec 2002 10:58:12 +0000
Gnus/5.09 (Gnus v5.9.0) Emacs/21.2
Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:
> > Which precisely are the versions that are inconsistent?
> The s390 config file is different and differently named and the
> changes in the hp800.h file are different.
> I am confused now. What does "inconsistent" mean?
> Are you saying that the s390 config file is different in two
> versions of Emacs? If so, what are these two versions?
The machine file for the configuration s390-*-linux-gnu which is
supplied by the Debian patch to Emacs 21.2 is not the same as
src/m/ibms390.h in the Emacs tree. It has different contents and a
> I've no evidence anything
> in the Emacs head versions is wrong.
> If it isn't broken, then perhaps it is best if we do not fix it.
Of course. The issue is the release branch, which doesn't have
support for these configurations. I was only comparing the Debian
changes to support them with the changes that have been installed in
the Emacs head.
> I would rather not add any new targets there if it isn't trivial to
> do so.
I thought GNU targets might be wanted, especially since 21.2
introduced non-GNU new targets. mipsel is trivial, though I can't
test it. The changes for s390 and hp800 might count as trivial -- I
don't know. I guess the original revision of m/ibms390.h would just
drop in to the 21.3 source with a trivial change to configure.in.
Re: TODO additions, Richard Stallman, 2002/12/02
- Re: TODO additions, (continued)
- Re: TODO additions, Richard Stallman, 2002/12/02
- movemail re-write [was Re: TODO additions], Dave Love, 2002/12/06
- Re: movemail re-write [was Re: TODO additions], Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor], 2002/12/16
- Re: movemail re-write [was Re: TODO additions], Richard Stallman, 2002/12/17
- Re: movemail re-write [was Re: TODO additions], Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor], 2002/12/18
- Re: movemail re-write [was Re: TODO additions], Richard Stallman, 2002/12/19
- Re: TODO additions,
Dave Love <=