Re: Gtk patch version 2, part 1

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Gtk patch version 2, part 1
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 20:45:41 +0100

tisdagen den 17 december 2002 kl 11.42 skrev Eric Gillespie:

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

Ok, I tried putting the following:

   style "emacs-menubar-font" { font = "URW Gothic L 10" }
   widget "emacs-menubar" style "emacs-menubar-font"

in ~/.gtkrc-2.0, and it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Sorry, but as i said in my message you got that from, that is
only an example.  I do not know what name (if any) Jan has used
for the menubar.

It is actually called "menubar" (I use the same names as Xt).  But
due to my ignorance, I missed to give a name to the top level widget,
(I thought it picked up argv[0] by default, but that does not seem
to be the case), so you have to say:

  widget "*.menubar.*" style "your_style"

However, menubar sounds quite generic, so it might affect other applications
also.  I recommend reading the link Eric posted in another mail.  The
format of GTK resource files are quite different from the standard
.Xdefaults syntax.  I am not very good at it.

        Jan D.