Re: skeleton.el machinery eats newlines.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: skeleton.el machinery eats newlines.
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 22:36:00 -0600 (CST)

Just to avoid two people investigating the bugs I reported
independently:

I got all my courage together and decided to investigate these bugs
myself.  It actually seems to involve three bugs, one in
skeleton-internal-1 (in skeleton.el), one in sh-get-indent-info (in
sh-script.el) and probably another bug in sh-script.el related to
shell-indentation which I am still hunting down.  I believe I fixed
the first two.

Now sh-if seems to work better than in Emacs20.7 (it actually had a
small bug there, which somebody else appears to have eliminated) and
the newline problem in sh-case is gone too, but the indentation in
sh-case seems still imperfect.  The bug I already fixed in
sh-get-indent-info could produce mysterious beginning of buffer errors
while indenting in sh-mode, not only in sh-case.

Once I get sh-case working the way I want it to, I will still need to
make sure I did not introduce new bugs by fixing those three.  I do
not feel comfortable with all these skeletons.  And it is not even
Halloween!

Sincerely,

Luc.