Re: expressions

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: expressions
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 14:47:23 -0500

>       /tmp/esrv<uid>-hostname
>               (for backwards compatibility with old emacsclient binaries)

I actually have no idea why the hostname should be included.
After all, /tmp is not supposed to be shared among several machines
(i.e. it might be NFS-mounted but it should be dedicated to one
particular host).

> (BTW, Note that one way of dealing with the temp cleaner problem would
> be to have the emacsserver binary periodically wake up every so often,
> and try touching the containing directory and socket.  If they have
> disappeared, the binary could recreate them.)

I don't see why /tmp cleaning should be a problem.
It isn't for SSH and X11 and for Emacs until now.

        Stefan