Re: sh-script.el and magic numbers

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: sh-script.el and magic numbers
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:44:41 +0000

Luc Teirlinck wrote:

> Setting mode-line-process is purely cosmetic.  It solves the symptom,
> not the problem.  I assume you mean:
>
> # -*- mode: sh; sh-shell: /bin/csh; mode-line-process: "[tcsh]"-*-

No, I mean what was said in the thread I referred to, namely:

# -*- mode: sh; sh-shell: csh; mode-line-process: "[csh]"-*-

which works without the need for enabling eval of local variables. But it's
a little ugly, and doesn't work right, since it still prints "indentation
set up for shell type bash". I'd prefer just a single variable that
controls what shell flavour a file is.