Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 2, Issue 28

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 2, Issue 28
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:05:01 -0500

    > I don't see a need to add string-to-unibyte.

    We have string-as/make-multibyte and string-as/make-unibyte.
    If one finds string-to-multibyte, it's quite natural that he
    also expects string-to-unibyte.  Even if it is an alias of
    string-as-unibyte, I think it's worth having it.  And, it's
    simpler to have it than saying that we don't have
    string-to-unibyte because ... in some place.

I don't think we should add functions merely for completeness.