Re: [h-e-w] CVS build and subdirs.el problem

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] CVS build and subdirs.el problem
Date: 29 Jan 2003 23:05:22 +0000

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> "Phil Rooke" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I'm trying to avoid all the overhead of figuring out a complete
> > cygwin environment and so I am using [MingW32]:
>
> Huh? Just download "setup.exe", run it, select "base", "devel",
> "cygutils". All done.
>
> > process_begin: CreateProcess((null), cygpath D:/emacs/lisp, ...) failed.
>
> cygpath is a cygwin utilitiy (hence the "cygutils" above :).

I don't know who added the cygpath kludge to the W32 makefiles, but
breaking the mingw32 build in order to get the broken Cygwin ports of
make to work is a serious bug. I will remove the cygpath calls from
the makefiles. If someone can find a way to add them without breaking
the mingw32 build, then feel free to install that.