Re: info

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: info
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:05:18 +0000 (UTC)

Today's CVS snapshot, Fri, 2003 Jan 31  12:37 UTC
GNU Emacs 21.3.50.113 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
started with

     /usr/local/bin/emacs -q --no-site-file --eval '(blink-cursor-mode 0)'

I wrote:

          In the Dir file, when point is in a description, and you
          press RET, Emacs does not visit the Info file, but returns
          an error message that says:

              Info-next-preorder: No more nodes

  Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> responded

       It visits the Info file if you are on the actual *-line.

No, it does not do that in my dir file, but it does visit the proper
node when within a manual.  I do not know why this is.  This is with a
plain vanilla Emacs: no .emacs file, no site file.

When dir is

  /usr/local/info/dir

and point is just before the `r' of `format', in the menu line that
says:

* Texinfo: (texinfo).                           The GNU documentation format.

when I press RET (Info-follow-nearest-node), I receive the error message:

    Info-next-preorder: No more nodes

However, when point is just before the `x' of `Texinfo',
when I press RET, I visit the Texinfo manual.

Within that manual, regardless of where point is on a *-line, RET
(Info-follow-nearest-node) sends me to the node for that line.

    http://www.teak.cc                                     address@hidden