Re: ruler-mode.el fix following whitespace cleanup

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: ruler-mode.el fix following whitespace cleanup
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:04:48 -0600 (CST)

Benjamin Riefenstahl wrote:

   address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
   > Doesn't this approach have the risk that the space is accidentally
   > replaced by a TAB?

   That issue is related, but it's a completely different problem, isn't
   it?  I mean it's not introduced by the comment.

It is introduced by the comment, if you leave more than one space, or
will be introduced by re-indentation, if you use only one `;'.
I believe that ?\ ;; is safe.  (But I could be overlooking something.)
However, the tabification problem is indeed a lot broader than the
trailing ?\ -problem.

Sincerely,

Luc.