Re: no font shown with tamil.el

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: no font shown with tamil.el
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:47:19 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

>>  Would you please show me the license of these fonts?  I can check if
>>  it is a free software license.  If these are not free, we cannot use
>>  them in Emacs or recommend them to Emacs users.

>>  Also, what is ISFOC?  Is it in India?  Can you tell me how to contact
>>  the people there?  I am on the way to India now, and if these are not
>>  free, I may be able to convince them to make them free.

>     Kawabata-san <address@hidden>, please explain about
>     these issues.

> This is really the crucial information.  If these licenses are free,
> then we have no problem.  There is no need to work on replacing them
> if they are ok to use.

> On the other hand, if these licenses are NOT free, and if ISFOC is in
> India, and if I can meet with them while I am here, maybe I can do
> some good.

> I need the info ASAP, since I am travelling around India and we don't
> know which city they are in.

ISFOC is a kind of font encoding standard that the company
CDAC proposed.   The fonts themselves are created by CDAC.

Kawabata-san told me that he got a permission to use their
fonts with Emacs by E-mail.  I don't remember the exact
statement of the mail.

This web page shows how to concact with CDAC people.
        http://www.cdacindia.com/html/contact/offices.asp

Here's a copy of it.   Their fonts contain this information.

ISFOC-DEVANAGARI-SUREKH-NORMAL. Copyright (c) 1992-95, C-DAC, PUNE, INDIA.

So, perhaps, their center is in Pune.

Pune
----
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing,
Pune University Campus,
Ganesh Khind,
Pune - 411 007 India.
Phones: +91-20-569-4000/01/02/03
Fax: +91-20-569-4059
eMail
How to reach C-DAC [MAP]

Bangalore
---------
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing,
C-DAC Knowledge Park
Opp. HAL Aeroengine Division
No. 1, Old Madras Road
Byappanahalli
Bangalore - 560 038 India.
Phones: +91-80-534-1215/534-1909/534-0816/524-4059/524-4136/524-1874
Fax: +91-80-524-7724
eMail
How to reach C-DAC [MAP]

New Delhi
---------
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing,
A-335, Shivalik Near Malviya Nagar,
New Delhi - 110 017 India.
Phones: +91-11-2668-1156/1209/1779/ 2654-8250
Fax: +91-11-2668-1156
eMail
How to reach C-DAC [MAP]

Chennai
-------
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing,
IV Floor, Senthil Towers
A-1, First Avenue
Ashok Nagar
Chennai - 600 083 India.
Phone: +91-44-371-9326/27
Fax: +91-44-371-9479
eMail
How to reach C-DAC [MAP]

Hyderabad
---------
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing,
2nd Floor, Delta Chambers Ameerpet
Hyderabad - 500 016 India.
Phone: +91-40-2340-1331/332
Fax: +91- 40-2330-1531
eMail
How to reach C-DAC [MAP]

Thiruvananthapuram
------------------
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing,
TC 11/1110,
Pazhaya Road
Murinjapalam,
Medical College P.O.,
Thiruvananthapuram - 695 011 India.
Phone: +91-471-554-681
Fax: +91-471-554-086
eMail
How to reach C-DAC [MAP]

Kolkata
-------
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing,
C/o- ER&DCI
Plot- E-2/1 (Ground Floor) Sector - 5
Saltlake Electronics Complex
Bidhannagar, Kolkata - 700 091 India.