Re: Rmail and headers in other than US-ASCII (RFC2047 encoded words)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Rmail and headers in other than US-ASCII (RFC2047 encoded words)
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 16:44:26 -0500

    Perhaps so, but my impression is that it uses various features that are
    only in message-mode, so mail-mode and the generic mail interfaces
    would have have to be buffed up quite a bit to make this possible.

That's not a good state of affairs.  We should try to make compose-mail
handle all these features.

stktrc wrote:

    It seems to work fine in mail-mode to invoke mml-mode, attach files,
    and then invoke mml-to-mime to generate the MIME message before
    sending.  I suppose there is a hook to invoke mml-to-mime in
    message-mode's send as this conversion is made automatically there.

That would be a good feature to merge into Mail mode, I think,
and an easy one.