Re: Customize Rogue

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Customize Rogue
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 20:05:58 +0100

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 12:50:28 -0600 (CST), Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> wrote:

> Now I understand.  You can enter (user-login-name) in customize and it
> will fool the entire machinery.  That seems to me to be a bug in
> customize.

I hadn't even thought of that, but if it works, I'd call it a feature.
But still...

>(Unless I am misunderstanding something)

...Yes, you're mistunderstanding me. My problem is *not* related to what
can or cannot be done through the forms-like interface of customize,
because I very emphatically *don't* want to use it.

My "problem" is that if setting a variable through the interface causes
side effects, I want to be able to get those very same side effects
through a simple asignment in my .emacs.

Not for `inhibit-startup-echo-area-message'. For *every* customizable
option.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u