Re: BUG: which-func-mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: BUG: which-func-mode
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:36:10 -0500

    > It turned out that `which-func-mode' was using `walk-windows' to update
the
    > mode-lines in all windows.  It selects each window and forces a mode-line
    > update in it.  But by selecting the window, it silently disrupts the
    > `buffer-list'.  This is the bug.

I tried to fix this in one way last fall, by changing select-window
not to alter the frame-selected-window in some cases.  That caused
other problems.  So in December I undid that change
and tried another fix:

    2002-12-23  Richard M. Stallman  <address@hidden>

        * window.el (save-selected-window): Save and restore
        selected windows of all frames.

If this doesn't fix te problem, why doesn't it?