Re: Emacs GTK scroll-bar flickering

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Emacs GTK scroll-bar flickering
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:19:54 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> I decided to check out emacs' GTK support again today, and notice that
> while it's mostly working great, the scrollbars flicker madly, to the
> point where I find I can't use them (simply because the flickering is
> too annoying).

I don't see a lot of flickering with the GTK scrollbars.

It is the case that the whole Emacs window (frame) goes blank at
times, only to come back with the right contents 0.5 seconds (or so)
later.  I don't recall at the moment when it happens.

I tried your test of adding something to the end of a buffer, but
don't see anything.