s/vms.h SYSTEM_TYPE

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: s/vms.h SYSTEM_TYPE
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 07:40:54 -0500

vms systems running emacs all show `system-type' to be "vax-vms" due to:

        #define SYSTEM_TYPE "vax-vms"

in s/vms.h.  that name is incorrect for alpha-vms systems.  also, i see
using "grep define.SYSTEM_TYPE s/*.h" that cpu type is not included in
any other SYSTEM_TYPE.  perhaps we can omit the "vax-" portion in vms.h?
alternatively, we can leave it be for actual vax-vms systems (to support
a limited form of backward compatibility), and trim to simply "vms" for
all other *-vms variants (alpha, ia64, etc).

thoughts?  anyone doing nightly vms builds?

thi