Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:42:34 -0600 (CST)

Owen Taylor wrote:

   Frankly, I tend to turn off or just not look at the scrollbar because
   these same issues make it behave in a confusing manner in general.
   (Presumably, if you have a large chunks of hidden text anywhere in
   your document, the scrollbar will go whacky.)

An obvious alternative, assuming no satisfactory solution to your
problem can be found, is:

./configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars

The native scrollbar does not have the problem.

   I am talking about the size of the thumb. Not only does it not come
   back when dragging (which, while it may be intentional, looks
   very much like a bug), it also doesn't come back after you release,
   until you move the scrollbar again.

It also "comes back" if you type in any key or click the mouse.

Sincerely,

Luc.