Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:18:22 -0600 (CST)

Owen Taylor wrote:

   By "go whacky", I didn't mean the problem with dragging off the
   end, but simply that a character-based scrollbar is going to
   inherently act in a confusing matter, especially in the
   presence of invisible text.
   I tend to suspect that whether the emacs scrollbar is character
   based does _not_ depend on whether you are using toolkit
   scrollbars, though I'm not about to recompile it to find out :-)

In the presence of tons of invisible text, the native scrollbar
seems to behave like I would expect it to behave.  That may only be
because I have strange expectations, but anyway.

Sincerely,

Luc.