Re: gdb-ui almosts works in NT

From: Edward O'Connor
Subject: Re: gdb-ui almosts works in NT
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 13:55:43 -0500

>> The output from the inferior could be sent directly to the
>> input/output buffer but the author of this part of the code from
>> gdba.el (Tom Lord?) used cat because:
>>
>> ;; We want to use comint because it has various nifty and familiar
>> ;; features. We don't need a process, but comint wants one, so create
>> ;; a dummy one.
>
> I don't understand why is this important; perhaps someone else does.

FYI, IELM had a similar problem, which has been fixed like so:

    ;; Was cat, but on non-Unix platforms that might not exist, so
    ;; use hexl instead, which is part of the Emacs distribution.
    (condition-case nil
        (start-process "ielm" (current-buffer) "hexl")
      (file-error (start-process "ielm" (current-buffer) "cat")))

Ted

--
Edward O'Connor
address@hidden

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.