Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:42:48 -0600 (CST)

Kai GrossJohann wrote:

   For me, the idea that (thumb size / total scrollbar size) is equal to
   (visible amount of content / total buffer size) is very intuitive.

To me too.  But apparently not to everybody.  I do not have the
impression that Owen considers this to be intuitive.  The emphasis is
on "content" versus occupied window height.

   It doesn't (directly) have anything to do with the question of how
   to measure size.

Yes it does, because the overscrolled piece contains no content
(characters) but it covers a visible amount of window height (pixels).
Visually, the overscrolled piece is a piece of the "document" that you
can scroll to.

Sincerely,

Luc.