Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:07:45 +0200

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden wrote:
>
>     Dragging the thumb to the beginning of the buffer does not require
>     precision work.  So it would be nice if it wouldn't require
>     precision work for dragging to the end of the buffer, either.
>
> In most of the buffers I use, going to the end does not require
> precision work; I just checked!

I apologize for the unclear wording.

It is easy to drag the thumb of the scrollbar such that end of buffer
is shown in the first line of the window.  This means that the window
is (nearly) empty.

But I would prefer that it would be easy to drag the thumb of the
scrollbar such that end of buffer is shown in the *last* line of the
window.  IMVHO that's a more interesting position to scroll to.

The big problem is: how to make it *easy* to scroll end of buffer to
the last window line, but *possible* to scroll end of buffer to any
other window line, including the first?
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)