Re: Cyrillic vs UTF-8

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: Cyrillic vs UTF-8
Date: 26 Apr 2003 18:21:49 +0200

Hi,

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> Unfortunately, the current Emacs doesn't have a facility to detect
> UTF-8 byte sequence.  So, if we put UTF-8 the higher priority, all
> files are detected as UTF-8.  :-(

Hm, I have Emacs 21.2.1 on Windows NT and

 Priority order for recognizing coding systems when reading files:
   1. mule-utf-8 (alias: utf-8)
   2. windows-1252 (alias: cp1252)
 <<<

Detecting UTF-8 works fine.  I'm not sure it's completly reliable but
it works for most of my everyday work.  Am I missunderstanding
something?

so long, benny