[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Cyrillic vs UTF-8

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Cyrillic vs UTF-8
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 15:37:18 +0200

On Sat, 03 May 2003 00:51:07 +0300, "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I thought we wanted to release the current
> trunk first, as it has a lot of useful features and delaying them
> (something that's probably unavoidable for such a major change as
> Unicode-based Emacs) any more than we already did would be
> undesirable.

From an exchange between you and RMS in past August:


>        v19 - support for X
>        v20 - m17n
>        v21 - new display engine
>     If we follow this, v22 should be the Unicode-based Emacs, not some 
>     intermediate release.


> I agree.

Not to rehash the discussion again, but IMHO we should branch for a
feature release (21.5, I gather, as there's going to be a bugfix 21.4)
before merging the unicode branch.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]